Kittelson is actively seeking a creative, self-driven Senior Transportation Planner to join our growing team in Arizona.
As a Senior planner, you’ll have the chance to focus on the multi-modal transportation planning and engineering needs in Arizona and support transportation projects across the Southwest and beyond. The ideal candidate should possess a “can-do” attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to coordinate and manage multi-disciplinary teams on multiple assignments. The job entails:
- Serving as project manager, deputy project manager, and major task lead and collaborate with professionals on a wide variety of planning and preliminary/concept design of complex multimodal urban transportation projects, including: state, local and regional long-range transportation plans; corridor studies; safety analysis; pedestrian/bicycle plans; transit feasibility studies, etc.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and multi-disciplinary teams with various topics and complexity levels.
- Preparing and leading staff to develop technical memos, meeting minutes, data visualizations, presentations, and other written materials summarizing findings and conclusions.
- Participating and coordinating project meetings, including presentation development and delivery.
- Leading staff and teams to prepare, coordinate, and facilitate stakeholder and public involvement and consensus-building meetings.
- Developing and fostering relationships with our regional and local clients, including proposal writing.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating project budgets and schedules.
- Mentoring and developing junior-level staff
We invite you to learn about our team of amazing professionals in Arizona, as well as the projects they are working on across our offices in Phoenix and Tucson. You may also enjoy exploring planning-related projects across Kittelson on the Work page of our website.
- 8-17 years of multimodal transportation planning experience and preparation of planning documents such as transportation system plans, active transportation plans, transit plans, freight plans, travel demand management, concept design plans, climate action plans, safety plans, and technology planning.
- Proven experience overseeing and managing multidisciplinary transportation projects of small- and large-scale.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the preparation and review of transportation planning technical reports.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects and tasks with attention to deadlines and budgets. Good organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Experience participating in business development activities such as developing project teams and pursuit strategies, and proposal writing.
- Experience coordinating with public agency staff, private consultants, stakeholder outreach teams, and professionals in other disciplines for successful project completion.
- Confidence in public speaking before laypersons, stakeholders, and teaming partners.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity.
The range for this position is $110,000-150,000, which is a combination of your base salary plus an employer-funded 401K retirement contribution. Position in this range is determined by candidate’s experience and location.
In addition, you will share in firmwide profits each year and earn an annual bonus. Kittelson also provides meaningful support for involvement in industry associations and/or conference participation, as well as the pursuit of professional licenses and certifications.
If you have a passion for making a difference in transportation and want to work with a team that puts you in the driver’s seat of your career, we want to hear from you! Take the first step by using the “apply now” button to express interest.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.